Our professional rapid prototyping services offer significant advantages for product innovation and development. It is customized and fabricated in various processing techniques and can be divided in 3D printed prototype, prototype CNC machined parts, urethane casting parts, sheet metal prototyping parts or rapid injection molded parts. Lets look at the important advantages that rapid prototyping services bring to your projects.
Market Test. The prototypes give customer/users a complete idea of how the product look and use, so that you can get their feedback/thought and understand which elements/variants work best and and whether it is satisfied.
Analyse the material and select right material. With a prototype, product engineer can test material directly, for example, the durability, cost, appearance, functionality, and so on. By testing the prototype, engineers can get important data on how the materials perform, and then select the suitable material in the final products.
Help to choose manufacturing ways. Rapid Prototyping opens up a long list of fabrication methods of the product, it needs to think about the manufacturing cost as well as the manufacturing feasibility. A prototype can help to test the product design and manufacturing process, for example, some product may needs plastic parts, sheet metal parts, rubber belt, etc, painting, and so on, it needs to consider the manufacturing feasibility and ensure the needed quantity and suitable surface treatment.
Doing modification rapidly. One of the most important benefit of rapid prototyping it is a sampling, you can make revisions to your intended requirement with low cost and short time. Perhaps one version of prototype has some errors or insufficiency, you can improve the design early and make the next prototypes shortly with small cost.
China rapid prototype machining involves a wide range of manufacturing techniques, most often employing layered additive manufacturing. However, other techniques such as cnc machining, cnc turning, PU casting, rapid injection molding, sheet metal fabrication can also be used to create rapid prototypes.
Additive manufacturing is the most common rapid prototyping process, but other traditional processes can also be used to manufacture prototypes.
These manufacturing process are:
Subtraction - This process is mainly by CNC machining, which encompasses using precise cnc milling, CNC turning, CNC drilling, tapping, etc to cut material into desired shapes and dimensions. Custom CNC prototyping has the advantages of high precision, smooth surface, good strength, and so on.
Vacuum Casting - A semi-solid or liquid material is poured a silicone mold solidify into the desired shape. Vacuum casting prototyping is low cost, short lead time.
Sheet metal fabrication-using laser cutting, bending, punching, welding to form a thin metal sheet into the desired structure. Custom sheet metal fabrication services
have the advantages of large forming size, high strength, good toughness, fast speed and low cost.
1. According to the effect of the prototype required, it can be divided into Appearance prototype, Structural prototype and Functional prototype:
(1) Appearance prototype: It is mainly used to check the product’s appearance, which requires exquisite appearance, excellent surface finishing & color, appropriate size, shape, and so on.
(2) Structural prototype: It is mainly created to verify the structural rationality of the product, which can be assembled with electronic components, pcb board,wire, etc. Structural prototype has high requirements on dimension and relatively low requirements for surface treatment.
(3) Functional prototype: It can be also called working prototype, which integrates the materials, strength, tolerance, assembly, work mechanisms, manufacturing feasibility, etc. It is required to be most similar function,structure and visual look to the final product.
2. According to manufacturing ways, rapid prototype can be divided into Manual Prototyping & NC Prototyping
(1) Manual prototyping: Some simple prototypes can be manually made with plastic, foam, plastic, paper, wood, and other materials,such rapid prototypes are low-precision, easy making and inexpensive.
(2) NC prototyping (numerical control Prototyping): according to different equipment, it can be divided into LRP prototyping & CNC prototyping.
a. 3D printing prototyping: it is a new manufacturing technology that integrates advanced technologies such as CAD, CAM, CNC, laser, precision servo drive and new materials. Compared with traditional manufacturing methods, it has the following features: high re-productabliity and interchangeability; the manufacturing process are not limited by the geometry of the product; Short lead time--the production time is shorten by 70%; Low cost---The general manufacturing cost is reduced by 50%;
b. CNC Prototyping: It is more high accuracy prototyping using modern machining tools, it is usually made by CNC Milling Machining, CNC lathing, CNC cutting, etc. CNC Prototyping has the advantage of high accuracy, high quality and wide use of materials from plastic to metal.
3. According to materials used, rapid prototype can be divided into Plastic Prototype, Silicone/Rubber Prototype and Metal Prototype:
(1) Plastic prototype: The main material is plastic, such as ABS, PC, POM, PET, Ultem, PTFE, Nylon, PEEK and so on, which were mainly used for making the prototypes of the plastic products, such as computer, printer, air conditioner, telephone, display, television, and so on.
(2) Silicone/Rubber Prototypes: It is mainly made by Vacuum Casting or Silicone compression molding, which is used for protective case, membrane, cover, cleaning parts, sealing, and so on.
(3) Metal Prototype: The main material are aluminum alloy, brass, bronze, stainless steel, carbon steel, etc. Metal prototypes are usually manufactured by cnc machining, cnc turning, sheet metal & laser cutting, etc. Metal prototypes are used for a wide variety of industries such as automotive, home appliances, medical devices, computer, vending machines, and so on.
Upload your 3D and 2D drawings to us, and a quotation will be provided to you within 24 hours. Also our sales engineer will contact you directly regarding your rapid prototype and cnc machinery parts quote to ensure you have received the quotation and to answer your questions.