Sheet Metal stamping is the use of punching machines and stamping mold to process stainless steel, Iron, Aluminium, Copper, etc to deform or break to obtain a certain shape and specification. Sheet Metal stamping processing is simple to operate, production is efficient, and it is convenient to complete mechanization.
Let's take a closer look at the process of sheet metal stamping:
1. Material preparation: The materials required for the mold vary from product to product. It is necessary to choose the appropriate mold material according to the characteristics of the product, such as: mold. Top cover and upper splint. Stripping plates. Lower mold. Pad block. Bottom plate, etc.
2. Primary processing: After material selection, first use a milling machine to process the plane and side. Common methods are to apply wood-based panels, stripping machines, lower templates, pads, bottom plates, top covers, and top plates.
3. Precise processing: flat and four corners at bevels must be machined and processed. Stripping plates. The lower template is beveled to the bottom plate, and the bottom plate is smoothed with the upper cover.
4. Line drawing: Put the template finished into an oblique angle at the drawing line. According to the mold drawing drawing, draw the line with a line height ruler, and finally draw the points on the die head after the line and Tapping teeth.
5. Plate: In order to ensure the strength of plate, it is quenched at high temperature. Quench. Tempering. After annealing and other processes, further finishing, the plate is crushed into an oblique angle, and then the wire is broken.
6. Install the mold trial: select the mold base or support guide column. The guide column completes the mold assembly, installs the installation mold in the stamping machine for adjustment, and finally carries out mold inspection on the stamping precision hardware to determine whether it meets the commodity regulations and completes the whole process of fitting.
Sheet metal stamping is a low-cost precision quality machining technology. Its cost is much lower cost than other processing to mass produce hundreds of thousands of parts. Stamping products do not need or only need a small amount of custom machining, the material utilization rate is high, and the material cost of the workpiece is low.
Sheet metal stamping produce parts in good quality, such as smooth surface, high precision, dimensional stability, and good interchangeability; Light weight, good rigidity, high strength; The stamping process can also process workpieces that are difficult to machine by other processing methods, such as thin-shell parts, workpieces with flanges, undulations, stiffeners, etc. The strength and stiffness of the stamped parts are also very high, which is due to the cold deformation and hardening of the material during the stamping process.
High volume production
sheet metal stamping can produce thousands of the same parts quickly. This type of custom sheet fabrication allows you to maintain inspection standards and manufacture many goods efficiently. The structure of the mold used in stamping processing is generally more complex, the mold production cycle is long and the cost is high. Therefore, the sheet metal stamping process is mostly used for high volume production.
cutting machines, stamping machines and bending machine molds make up the vast majority of tools for stamping metal plates, so relative manufacturing process is very easy to learn and train. If you have employees who already know how basic equipment actually works, they may understand how to stamp sheet metal quickly.
Sheet metal stamping is a very widely used manufacturing technique that can build parts of various shapes and sizes. It is an excellent choice for companies that need to mass produce the parts. Stamped parts have a wide range of sizes, and the shape of stamped parts can also be complex. Stamped parts are widely applied in many industries, from small pieces such as stopwatches to large pieces such as car stringers and coverings.
Combined manufacturing services, provide all our rapid prototyping needs
Our mold tools can manufacture hundreds of thousands of stamped parts rapidly
Excellent accuracy Sheet metal processing
Hundreds of stamping materials include aluminum, zinc and magnesium,stainless,copper,brass so on
Multiple Surface finishes available for your metal stamped parts
Upload your 3D and 2D drawings to us, and a quotation will be provided to you within 24 hours. Also our sales engineer will contact you directly regarding your rapid prototype and cnc machinery parts quote to ensure you have received the quotation and to answer your questions.